🧿 The ‘How to Use LinkedIn Guide’ has been created to make life easier and to ensure that you fully Utilise and Embrace what the platform has to offer.
🧿 It’s a resource that will benefit anyone who wants to Excel, whether you are a Business owner, Employer, Recruiter, CEO, Entrepreneur, Solopreneur, Startup Business, Employee or Job Candidate.
🧿 It’s a professional network that allows you to build credibility, create a meaningful network and establish your company as a Thought Leader.
Is Creating a LinkedIn Account Free?
Yes it’s free to join but once you’ve become a member there are premium options that you can consider, sometimes you may get the first month or more free. Depending on the type of promotional offer available.
Who Are LinkedIn?
An American business- and employment-oriented online service that operates via websites and mobile apps. Launched on May 5, 2003, the platform is primarily used for professional networking and career development, and allows Jobseekers to post their CVs and employers to post jobs. As of 2015, most of the company’s revenue came from selling access to information about its members to recruiters and sales professionals.
Since December 2016, it has been a wholly owned subsidiary of Microsoft. As of September 2021, the Company has 774+ million registered members from over 200 countries and territories.
Members are allowed (both workers and employers) to create profiles and “connect” with each other in an online social network which may represent real-world professional relationships. Members can invite anyone (whether an existing member or not) to become a “connection”.
The platform can also be used to organize offline events, join groups, write articles, publish job postings, post photos and videos, and more. – This information was kindly provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Amazing LinkedIn Facts
- More than 58 million companies listed on the site
- 52 million people searching for jobs every week
- 77% of recruiters regularly use it.
- 122 million people received an interview through this platform
- 35.5 million having been hired by a person they connected with on the site.
- 101 Job applications are submitted through this platform every second
- 8 people hired every minute
Credit: 2023 Statistics kindly provided by Kinsta
How Can LinkedIn Benefit My Business?
- Your Business will perform better on most search engines, including Google
- Limitless world of Networking
- Find great Employees
- Connect directly with your target market
- Communicate with industry leaders
- LinkedIn Recommendations are very powerful testimonials
- If you put the effort in by optimizing your LinkedIn profile, commenting on posts, creating your own content and answering questions, more and more people will want to join you on your company’s journey.
LinkedIn Tips for Businesses
Image Credit: Pixabay
- We want your business to succeed.
- As the ‘Amazing LinkedIn Facts’ demonstrate above if you want your business to be successful then you need to have an effective strategy.
- Our ‘LinkedIn Tips for Business’ will help you with that.
How to Find the URL for a Specific LinkedIn Post?
If you forgot to make a note of the URL when you first published a post, this solves that problem.
How to Do it?
You can access specific shared content on LinkedIn directly using the unique URL assigned to each post.
To find the unique URL for a – Read More
LinkedIn Sign-Up Process
A fairly straightforward process but please bear in mind the following:
- You must use your real name when creating your profile
- Company names and fictitious names or aliases are not allowed
✅ Help rank Your Name on Google
✅ Build Your own Brand
How to Sign Up?
To join LinkedIn and create your profile: – Read More
Endorsing your connections’ skills is a way to recognize any professional abilities that you’ve seen them demonstrate.
“Apart from the initial impression of peer affirmation, they in fact also determine the number of search appearances (and therefore profile views)”. – Mathew Warboys :: Dream Job Hub
How to Endorse Skills?
Skills Endorsement Overview – Including specific skills on your LinkedIn profile is a – Read More
The Importance of a LinkedIn Profile That’s Fit for Purpose
A fully Optimized LinkedIn Profile that has all the various elements set up correctly can deliver the following:
- You will become visible to Recruiters and the LinkedIn Community
- Recruiters will come to you, if you do this properly or engage a professional Writer/Coach to do this for You. They can increase the odds and shorten the timescales to You successfully landing your Dream Job.
- Recruiters and Potential Connections have a better understanding of why you are on the platform and what you could offer.
- Increased Credibility
- There are Experts, like Dream Job Hub that will help to put you ahead of the competition and position you as a Thought Leader in your industry.
How do I Create a Good LinkedIn Profile?
Your LinkedIn profile is a professional landing page for you to manage your personal brand. A LinkedIn profile is a great way for you to – Read More also watch the video.
Why Change Your LinkedIn Page Public URL?
- Customizing your public profile URL makes you easier to find
- It’s a quick, easy way to differentiate you from all of the other users out there
- Boosts your credibility
- This is an example of the effectiveness of such a strategy. We changed our LinkedIn Page Public URL to https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-parnell-jobploy-solutions-register/ – As you can see the new URL showcases very well our company name and looks more professional.
How to Edit the LinkedIn Page Public URL?
Every Page and Showcase Page is assigned a URL with a unique identification number that’s visible to admins only. This is – Read More
Why Create LinkedIn Polls?
According to The Yardstick Agency, Linkedin Polls:
- Provide useful data and insights which can be used in your wider marketing.
- Can be a magnet for comments.
- If done well, these polls can drive engagement with your potential audience
- Can also help you to learn more about your audience, particularly useful if you’re a company
How to Create a LinkedIn Poll?
You can create a poll from LinkedIn’s homepage. If you’re an Admin – Read More
More and more businesses are realising that an effective LinkedIn strategy is the way forward.
This is because it’s probably the most trusted social media platform and allows you to talk directly to your target market.
You can set yourself up and your company as being ‘Thought Leaders’ or Experts in your field.
From my own personal experience on LinkedIn I’ve found that the following quote sums up the best approach to get business success in the future.
“If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else” –Booker T. Washington
JobPloy Solutions Newsletter
Banner Created by Mathew Warboys
– JobPloy Solutions CMO
✅ Get Tips and Insider views on what’s happening in the Recruitment World.
✅ We show how employers and recruiters can work with employees and job candidates to bring about real and positive change.
- Whether you’re a CEO, Managing Director, an Employer, Recruiter, Hiring Manager, Head hunter, Job Candidate or you have any other interest in Recruitment – Subscribing to ‘The JobPloy Solutions Newsletter’ is a smart move. This is because you’re getting that essential inside track information.
- It can also help you to create a blueprint for success.
- This means for Employers, Recruiters and Hiring Managers you’ll attract more high-quality talent because you recognise that things like streamlined application processes, Salary range information and good workplace culture are a winning combination.
- For Job Candidates (and we’re already seeing this) they’ll continue to gravitate towards Employers and Recruiters that they feel understand and address their concerns.
Be Part of the Solution!
👍Treat Yourself to Regular instalments of The Best Recruitment Tips Newsletter
✦ Founder of Garniche Jobs UK
✦ Founder of Garniche Jobs London
✦ Founder of the LinkedIn Group: Jobseeker Talk
✦ CEO & Founder of
J O B P L O Y S O L U T I O N S
1️⃣ Get JobPloy Solutions 📜 Certification
You’ll be Recognised as a Business that follows Recruitment industry Best Practice and positively changes the lives of Employees and Job Candidates.
2️⃣ Get a Trusted Employer Listing ✅ Employer Branding Experts
You’ll be Rewarded with unique Employer Branding and attract more potential clients because of better Google and LinkedIn visibility.
3️⃣ Prestigious Employers 🌏 Global Guide
You’ll be Recognised amongst the Top 1% of Global Employers
Facebook – Connects you to our sister company, Garniche Jobs UK – (UK IT Jobs Hub)